RISD School Times — November 28, 2018
Cage Named Berkner High School Principal
Interim principal Kristy Cage has been formally named the new principal of Berkner High School. Cage has served as the associate principal of Berkner since 2017, and was named interim principal in August after former principal Henry Hall was named RISD Executive Director of Instructional Technology.
Cage has 18 years of experience in public education, and began her career in RISD as a junior high English teacher.
Pearce Lucky To Have JJ
Visit the RISD NewsDesk to learn the story of JJ and the student behind Pearce’s awesome mascot.
Join Us This Holiday Season
Student Fine Arts groups across the district have a busy schedule over the next month. Check out the December Fine Arts calendar and come enjoy a concert or performance as we enter the holiday season.
Congratulations to Lake Highlands HS Counselor Joycelyn Anderson for her nomination to receive a 2018–19 LifeChanger of the Year Award.
RISD Mom Named G&T Advocate of the Year
The Texas Association for the Gifted and Talented has named Emily Villamar-Robbins its Advocate of the Year.
Emily is the mother of two RISD students. During her active engagement in the district, she has helped rejuvenate a group for parents of gifted students. She is also chair of the Special and Gifted Education (SAGE) group of the RISD Council of PTAs and was a member of the district’s strategic planning committee that redesigned how RISD approaches personalized learning.
Congratulations Emily, and thank you!
- December 3 — Regular Board Meeting
- December 17 — Board Work Session
- December 21 — End of grading period/semester
- Dec. 24 — Jan. 4 — Winter Break
- January 7 — Staff Development/Student Holiday
- January 8 — First day of second semester
Upcoming Meetings, Events & Fundraisers
- RISD Athletic Events Calendar
- December Fine Arts Calendar
- November 29 — Dobie ES 50th Anniversary Celebration
- November 29 — Free Screening of Angst Documentary about Child Anxiety
- December 4 — RISD Special Education Position Hiring Meet & Greet
- December 8 — Cleats With a Cause To Benefit RISD Clothes Closet
- December 11 — Free Screening of Angst Documentary about Child Anxiety
Have a Question About RISD?
We’re glad you asked!
From time to time, students, parents, residents or taxpayers have questions about information or issues related to RISD, but aren’t sure who to ask or where to go for information. We’re Glad You Asked is a feature on the RISD website that lets stakeholders ask questions about anything related to RISD, and you’ll receive an emailed response from the appropriate RISD staff member. Some questions & answers may be featured in district publications.
Simply visit risd.org/gladyouasked to use this feature.
Originally published at t.e2ma.net.