RICHARDSON - Miss Belle’s House, the City-owned, historic landmark that has resided for decades near the intersection of Plano Road and Lookout Drive, became a “mobile home” today as it was transported a few blocks down Lookout to its new temporary location at the Fire Training and Emergency Operations Center.
The wooden, two-story house, also known as the Hill-Robberson House, had been at the former Owens Spring Creek Farm site for more than 40 years but needed to be moved due to development of the surrounding land. City staff and community leaders plan to meet over the next year to decide on a permanent location for the house.
Built around 1887 at 206 Sherman St., Miss Belle’s House served as a private school (run by Virginia Bell “Miss Belle” Robberson) as well as a home to several families before it was donated to the City in 1979 and moved to the Owens site. It was designated a Texas historic landmark in 1982.
Fully Vaccinated People No Longer Need to Wear Masks, Socially Distance According to CDC
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said this week that fully vaccinated Americans may now resume pre-pandemic activities. People who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no longer need to wear face masks or socially distance, except where required by law, including local business and workplace guidance.
People are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after they have received their second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or two weeks after receiving the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine.