The Tech Titans STEM workforce initiative is bringing career inspiration to Richardson students. During the past year, they have planned and executed events for RISD students in three high schools, seven middle schools and for sixth- and rising-fifth graders at four elementary schools.
These events educate kids about STEM careers and encourage them to pursue a STEM educational track in high school and beyond. Tech Titans partners with ISDs, companies, universities and individual members to plan and execute STEM experiences.
The students who attend come from all socio-economic backgrounds. Tech Titans volunteers are often the very first STEM professionals these kids have ever met. The diverse backgrounds of these volunteers show all kids that they, too, can pursue STEM education and professions.
- Successful Women in Technology and Diversity in Engineering panels
- Hands-on engineering design challenges
- Tours and panel discussions at UT Dallas led by engineering students and faculty
- Plant trips and job shadowing at member companies of both Tech Titans and the chamber, including Cisco Systems, Qorvo, State Farm and Texas Instruments
- Speed mentoring with employees of tech companies like chamber member Samsung
- STEM video contest
- Educational programs for middle and high school counselors on high-demand tech careers like IT and cybersecurity
Since this initiative began in 2016, the Tech Titans Talent Team has produced inspirational STEM experiences for more than 10,000 students in the North Texas area.
The success of these programs has created a buzz among North Texas educators and demand for these programs. Tech Titans will continue bringing these inspirations to students. Events in RISD and other districts resume this fall.